Eastleigh’s MP Mike Thornton has visited Royal Mail’s Eastleigh delivery office in Goodwood Road to pass on Christmas wishes and encouragement to the postmen and women at their busiest time of year.
Mr Thornton was shown round the office by local Delivery Office Manager, Claire Smirthwaite, and was introduced to the postmen and women who are working hard sorting and delivering all cards and parcels in the Eastleigh area in the run-up to Christmas.
Mike Thornton MP said: “It was great to meet Eastleigh’s dedicated, hard-working Royal Mail postmen and women and to see first-hand just how much effort they put into delivering for people at this time of year.
"Postmen and women do such an important job at this time of year, making sure important messages, cards and presents get through to the people we care about. I’d like to thank them for their efforts and wish them all the best over the busy festive period."
Claire Smirthwaite, Royal Mail Delivery Office Manager at Eastleigh, said: "Christmas is the busiest time of year for Royal Mail. Our people pull out all the stops throughout the year to ensure mail is delivered quickly, but even more so over the busy festive period. We are grateful that Mike Thornton MP came along to see the hard work that goes on behind the scenes."
"Our people do a fantastic job at this time of year to ensure that friends and families stay in touch through their Christmas greetings and gifts. We’d like to remind our customers to post early so that friends and family have longer to enjoy their Christmas greetings!"
Customers can help Royal Mail ensure that all their letters, cards and parcels are delivered as quickly and efficiently as possible by taking a few easy steps:
- Use a 1st Class stamp! – Post 1st Class for just 60p and have your Christmas card delivered the next day – anywhere in the UK.
- Post early! – Avoid disappointment by posting your cards and parcels early. The last posting dates this Christmas are: December 18 for 2nd Class mail; December 20 for 1st Class mail; December 23 for Special Delivery.
- Use a postcode! – A clearly addressed card or parcel, with a postcode, and return address on the back of the envelope, will ensure quick and efficient delivery.
- Use Special Delivery!– For valuable packages and parcels guarantee delivery with Royal Mail’s Special Delivery, which means your gift is tracked, traced and insured against loss.
- For more information about Christmas with Royal Mail visit: www.royalmail.com or call 08457 740 740.